(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 07:23:13 PST 2011

--- On Thu, 11/17/11, James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: (urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy
> Date: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 7:18 AM
>

> > David Stockhoff wrote:
> > I'd still like to know if you think Horn can fade into
> the background without dying. That's my literal sense of
> it---he just gives up.
>
> Based on my interpretation, there is no "Horn" left to die.
> His spirit left when he broke his neck in the pit (I'm
> guessing that since Seawrack and Babbie could plainly tell
> that he was dead by looking at him). His body and brain died
> on Green and were left behind. All that is left is what the
> Neighbor *remembers* of his memories and his mission. The
> Horn does not possess the Neighbor. The Neighbor is
> imitating Horn out of guilt for (as he sees it) killing him.
> It is again the whole trope of "imitating in order to
> become". To the extent that Silk possesses the Rajan, well
> that is just very hard to say. All of Silk's memories are
> there in physical form. I'm sure it can be very confusing at
> times. He seems to come to some degree of equanimity at the
> end of the story but who can tell?

How do you explain the doubling of Horn, the neighbor Horn who shakes his hand?  My genetic template theorie is that Horn has been doubled there into a "double" limbed neighbor, but is resurrected himself or does not entirely die there.  If he is a neighbor, who is the neighbor Horn who shakes his hand?