(urth) And Now For Something Completely

Gerry Quinn gerry at bindweed.com
Wed Nov 16 14:20:33 PST 2011

From: J Jankiewicz

> Something I've always wanted to know & ask; what are the
> "Godlings"? I remember reading in wonder about such huge
>  beings wandering around the Whorl. I never saw an explanation
>  or background for them other than WTF.

As I understand it they are messengers from the gods/Mainframe.
They are used to convey instructions to the Cargo, and sometimes
to travel between the Poles (carrying hardware too heavy for Fliers?
I don't know.)

Pig appears to have carried some of Pas/Silk’s personality, which
became trapped when he was blinded.

I'll think about them some more when I've done a re-read!

- Gerry Quinn