(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 13:17:27 PST 2011

Marc Aramini wrote (16-11-2011 20:13):
> Antonio, we are talking about different scenes.  The one where Horn is in
> the pit is the past, the one where he is already in Silk's body and sits
> under a tree at the end of OBW is in the "present" of the text, Horn
> going into Babbie.

Yes, I know. That's whay I'm saying that wherever happened to Horn in the
pit can't explain the change of tone in the narrative, because the narrative
was written long afterwards, and no special thing happened to the narrator
while he was taelling that part of it. First I thought you meant that he was
writing about the pit at the same time he was lost in the forest, but that
isn't the case - he was still in Gaon. Unless you're saying it wasn't at the
pit that the tone changed. I don't know, I find it hard to decide just when
the(?) change happens.