(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 12:11:32 PST 2011

--- On Wed, 11/16/11, António Pedro Marques <entonio at gmail.com> wrote:

> You do have in mind that the BNS only started being written
> in Gaon, was all
> written by the same hand (except for the chapters by Hide
> and the others)
> and that the events described were not simultaneous to the
> writing, namely
> that whatever happened in that island with Horn was written
> long afterwards,
> and nothing special happened to the writer between writing
> it and the
> chpater following it?

no, no.  The part I am talking about at the end of OBW IS SIMULTANEOUS TO THE ACTION of writing.  Horn in Silk's body is running out of paper and says good-bye, sits under a tree, comes to finish out the ream that runs out before he begins writing again in IGJ.  This is the "present" of OBW: the rajan of goan is writing and details his own adventures in addition to the past, then mysteriously most of IGJ switches to present tense, with the Horn sections told mostly 3rd person (because ... he isn't still mostly Horn)