(urth) Babbiehorn?: Was: a sincere question mostly for roy

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 18:45:10 PST 2011

No dia 16/11/2011, às 02:31, James Wynn <crushtv at gmail.com> escreveu:
> Admittedly, I have reasons beyond this particular text to doubt Horn's spirit fled into Babbie as the Rajan sat beneath the big tree (yes, it was probably a Neighbor). But I don't want to discuss them here. There are still two other reasons I doubt it.
> 1) Arguing that Horn fled into Babbie explains what is happening when the Rajan sits under the tree. It doesn't explain what happened on the boat.
> 2) At the end of OBW, the Rajan relates much that only happens to Horn--not Silk. Why does the Rajan still have Horn's memories if his body is destroyed and his spirit has left?
> So, I doubt that the "Good-bye" text is a true farewell. But still it troubles me.

It's a farewell because he wrote it when he thought he'd be killed soon. It needn't trouble you.
The proof that Horn hasn't left the Rajan is that the Rajan looks like Horn during some later dream travel. But by the same rule, Babbie has got a bit of human in him (and who else but Horn?). No matter how humanlike Oreb is, he still looks like himself in dream-travel, so Babbie would too, unless the hus have soul-shifting like the inhumi, which I don't think is warranted.