(urth) Charles de Lint

Antonin Scriabin kierkegaurdian at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 08:29:46 PST 2011

I really enjoyed the two novels I have read by Gene Wolfe that take place
in "our" world, where magical elements may or may not be bleeding in (Peace
and The Sorcerer's House).  I am going to get to his others soon, like
Castleview and Pandora by Holly Hollander.  I was wondering if anyone had
read Charles de Lint, and if they would recommend his books.  Are they
along the same lines as the two Wolfe books I mentioned, as to the "type"
of story?  Is he a good writer, or not worth the time?  I was intrigued by
several of his books on a recent bookstore outing, and might pick them up
if he is worth it.  Thanks!