(urth) Violet=Plutonium

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 13:07:45 PST 2011

> Sergei SOLOVIEV wrote:
>
> Sand is able to be sarcastic, ne c'est pas?
> I really think that many of the theories we discuss here are
> like skyscrapers built on sand

Sand? What the...!!

Seriously, though, this is more like a kwansit hut built on sand. But
many assertions that There's Nothing To See Here are also not founded in
granite.

The question of whether Violet is a chem was worth knocking around for
these reasons:
Only Sand uses this supposed "term of endearment". He never employs it
toward anyone but Violet; neither bio or chem.
We'd be morons not to knock around the idea that she is a chem, just to
dispense with it. I'm not inclined to believe that she is, but I *do*
believe more is going on. I always have.

I want to distinguish things we definitely know and what is not
confirmation of anything (I don't do this to *prove* that Violet is a chem):

Violet works at Orchids. Violet makes extra money as a spy. Hyacinth was
a spy for the Trivigaunte and has also worked at Orchids. If Violet is a
chem, the people she works for know it, but this is only necessarily
true if she is a chem. Her claim not to be able to read undermines this
suspicion, but she could be lying. A desire for money is not evidence
that she is a chem. One of the black mechanics has altered his chem so
that he works for no money. There is a chem, Sard, who runs a shop.
Chems want things money can buy. Since they want replacement parts,
their desire is possibly greater.