(urth) Violet=Plutonium

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 14 05:49:48 PST 2011

>James Wynn: The tricky part for the councilors was connecting the chems
>consciousness to the the living councilors. This is easier to do than it
>might appear because (I propose) chems were made to receive the scanned,
>memory wiped souls of bios just as the Mainframe is received the scanned
>souls of Typhon's family and inner court.

I think this is a reasonable supposition. Chems have such individualized
personalities. It doesn't seem like an efficient way to make a tool in
this manner.

I wonder if this might apply to BotNS. Why would the factory want to program Jonas
to read fiction during his off hours? This is in contrast to Sidero who is more
clearly a tool. While he has emotions, I can't imagine him reading Greek mythology
or Lewis Carroll.

Has there been any mention of the word choice for the nickname Plutonium? Of all
the mineral names which might be chosen that is surely one with significance. Did
the talus run on fossil or organic fuel? I forget, but surely Chems don't.