(urth) Violet = Plutonium?

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 19:10:12 PST 2011

> Sergei Soloviev wrote:
> By the way, the technology used to create chem "doubles" of
> councillors seems
> more advanced than to create ordinary chems. Also we know
> very little about chem officers (but we see that the capacities
> of Sand are greater than of soldiers)

I don't think so. The councilors and their chems have the technology to
convert chems. No one has the technology to create new chems (only
repair them--they can build taluses however, but the brown mechanic says
he has limits to what he can do to repair chems). Converting them to
look like specific people is simple movie magic since their features are
created by a plastic type mold (the specific words escape me) overlaying
a metal base.

The tricky part for the councilors was connecting the chems
consciousness to the the living councilors. This is easier to do than it
might appear because (I propose) chems were made to receive the scanned,
memory wiped souls of bios just as the Mainframe is received the scanned
souls of Typhon's family and inner court. That is why Lemur's chem (soul
overwritten when he connected to Lemur) continued to live with Lemur's
scan after bio Lemur had died. And why Rose's hands inadvertently
absorbed Rose's consciousness (this is the emphatic clue that Rose's
prosthetics are chem parts and not "ordinary" prosthetics).

Now, David's Violet-Plutonium explanation is very nice. How was Siyuf
fooled? She couldn't have been. She would have to have only been
pretending to use Violet's services in order to debrief her and give her
instructions.