(urth) Hunter of the East

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 19:53:29 PST 2011

On 11/12/2011 8:22 PM, David Stockhoff wrote:
> Now you claim illiteracy as an advantage of your argument? I suppose
> you have no choice. But at least we agree that the sun is not yet
> risen, but rather implied. Its rising is imminent.

And *that* is the true common thread between Gerry's criticism of
Wolfe's works and this one.
That and the fruitlessness of the debate.
And of course *Gerry's* argument is based on the text, not metaphor or
conclusive leaps even though the sun is never named in the poem. So a
fundamental lack of self-awareness is also a common thread here.

However, *Morning* is named. Morning throws the stone at the stars. Why
is not Morning the hunter? Why is the hunter not Eos?