(urth) vanished people=Hieros

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 13:26:00 PST 2011

>James Wynn: You are right that the Hunter is Orion. The Noose could be the
>Hesperides,  the constellation of stars (often numbered 5, 7, or more)
>just to the right of Orion's shield or staff. Often these are associated
>as Orion's net. If they are the noose, then you could well be right the
>the Sultan's Tower could be a physical structure against the night sky.

Yes. David came up with a scenario which would allow the Big Dipper to come
into play but perhaps Kayaam meant the stars of Orion's bow or perhaps
Taurus as the noose.

>Thinking about it, I think Gerry is the more right. The noose is the sun
>rising behind the sultan's tower.

Could be, I guess. The sun doesn't seem very noose-like to me, while lines
of stars do. I guess sun=noose seems more likely if you are locked into Venus
being the stone which morning flings to chase away the stars. while I still
think that sounds more like the sun.

As a poet as well as astronomer, wouldn't Kayaam be more likely to think of
Venus as drawing the stars to her? ;- )