(urth) vanished people=Hieros

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 7 09:46:15 PST 2011

>Jeff Wilson: If they (shackles) stop Severian, why not the Green Man?

I'm guessing you mean how do Typhon's soldiers shackle Severian if he
could time-space travel out. The obvious answer would seem to be that
such travel is not consciously available to Severian at that time, like
his healing, earlier in the story. Perhaps we can agree that time travel
is under conscious control by the Green Man at the time of his "capture".

>*everything* in the books that is present in Urth's physical plane
>before or after entering higher dimensions and/or transcending time is
>shown moving physically as part of the process. The Green Man runs back
>into his future...

*everything* in the books is told to us by Severian, a guy with a medieval
perspective. I take the description of muscular movement as a means of
achieving space-time as metaphor. How are actin and myacin fibers supposed
to burn sugar/ATP and achieve super-light speed?

>Antonio Pedro Marques: Look, I'm worried for Master Ash. What happened to him?

Severian: "I'm lonely, Master Ash..You were lonely also. Who was the woman you
called Vine? Perhaps I only imagined his voice. 'The first woman'
"Meschiane?" Yes, I know her and she is very lovely..."

Of course, in a gnostic universe, the first woman is not Meschane/Eve but Jahi/
Lilith, the vampiress. So Ash (tree) went to back in time to Blue and became
The Neighbors and hooked up with Vine/the Inhumi. ;- )

>Gerry Quinn: That’s because you don’t pay attention to the text...Right.  He must
>be a shapechanger because... well, because you want him to be.

Keep your personal comments about me to yourself, butthole.