(urth) vanished people=Hieros

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 7 07:22:10 PST 2011

--- On Mon, 11/7/11, Gerry Quinn <gerry at bindweed.com> wrote:

From: Gerry Quinn <gerry at bindweed.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) vanished people=Hieros
Date: Monday, November 7, 2011, 5:04 AM

From: Marc Aramini

--- On Sun, 11/6/11, Jeff Wilson <jwilson at clueland.com> wrote:

> > Somewhere behind or before us, above us
> > or below us, was a wide circle of light, spinning,
> > frantically spinning, a thing like Lune, if such a thing as
> > a moon of the most brilliant white can be imagined. Gunnie
> > fluttered across it once or twice before she was lost in the
> > diamond-decked blackness. (And once it seemed to me—and
> > still seems when I call that frantic memory forth—that I
> > saw Apheta's face as she leaned from that moon.) "

> interesting, but the double conglomeration of the moon and apheta
> must surely mean something.  Thanks for adding the [sic] there, I
> surely meant Lune, not Green.  (The rajan and his droogs make a
> similar mistake in their trip to Urth, as far as I remember.)

Surely Severian is clearly indicating that it is NOT Lune?   It looks like it, but it’s a different colour.  (I don’t think it’s a moon at all.)

- Gerry Quinn

I fancied it was old school original white moon (if something as absurd as a white moon around Urth could be imagined!) Some time fluctuation once again.  At the time of Apu-punchau the moon should be white, assuredly.