(urth) vanished people=Hieros

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Sun Nov 6 18:49:03 PST 2011

On 11/6/2011 5:01 PM, Nick Lee wrote:

>     When do the Green Man or Inire display their shape-changing ability? Are
>     they attested to do so in the story somewhere?
>

> I should have been clearer. It is Vertumnus who is known as a
> shapechanger, being the god of seasons and change.
> Inire-the-shapechanger is an old Borski theory. Certainly Inire must
> have some method of disguise to pass as human, even a short,
> monkey-faced one.

Pretending to be a bent, old man works, since most people don't want to
see more. This easily affords him the old shaman disguise, since the
covered face and the exposed physique is the complement of his Vizier
disguise. And being purpose-made to pose as a human, by beings who can
make human-appearing beings, eliminates a specific need to shapeshift.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >