(urth) This week in Google Alerts

Jeff Wilson jwilson at clueland.com
Tue Nov 1 08:15:43 PDT 2011

On 11/1/2011 7:23 AM, Ryan Dunn wrote:
> Correct me if I am wrong, but Severian states that there is a cyclical nature to the universe, with each cycle a refinement of its predecessor, though nearly identical.

He receives that wisdom from Aquastor Malrubius, yes. It is from Dr
Talos, I believe, that he hears about stories and other ideas
percolating back and forth through time, which helps explain why
displaced mountains and their consequent altered influences on climate,
watersheds, areas of arable land, trade routes, etc don't prevent
recognizable cultures from occupying the variant landscape.

Or the author misremembered, I forget which.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at clueland.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >