(urth) This week in Google Alerts

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 1 05:14:58 PDT 2011

>Matt Keeley: The happy reviewer of Shadow states that Urth is "clearly" part of Earth's
>future. When was this list last so sure of anything about a Wolfe book?

Hm..I haven't seen anyone debate that the story is set in S. America for a while. That
had been an early debate here.

But, didn't we all think Urth was the future of Earth at one time? I think it would be
difficult to consider that Urth is a parallel and future version of Earth without
exposure to the debates here and the Wolfe interview quotes.

(FWIW, I think the S. America conclusion supports the parallel Urth idea. It isn't easy to
consider a geologic upheaval that could move the Andes from the west side to the east side
of the continent while leaving Lake Titicaca and its floating islands intact.)