(urth) Problematic element in chronology

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Tue May 31 08:58:36 PDT 2011

On 5/31/2011 9:59 AM, Gerry Quinn wrote:

> From: "António Pedro Marques" <entonio at gmail.com>
>> I do find the relativistic speed of the Whorl troubling *if* it comes
>> from the Whorl's technology alone.
>
> Where else would it come from? There's no indication that it was
> anything other than a personal propject of Typhon's. Besides, if he
> could have called in favours from aliens to build or drive it it, why
> could he not have done the same with regard to building a modest orbital
> space heater? (Could double as a weapon, frying enemies like ants -
> Typhon would have loved it!)

This is the reason why I asked about evidence that the Whorl was all
Typhon's doing some time ago. If some salvageable stellar technology was
involved, that could explain a lot about the Whorl and perhaps about
Jonas' missing port. Spare engines and other gear looted from an orbital
dock could make the Whorl go relativistic on their own virtues without
the energy being available for warming Urth.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >