(urth) More on Frog and Fish & Ymar

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue May 31 07:46:58 PDT 2011

>James Wynn:  Wolfe believes that the myths come to us from an eternal pattern and,
> presumably, he believes Jesus is the fulfillment of that pattern. That
> we are hard-wired to detect that eternal pattern because it is
> "real".

>David Stockhoff: This is am excellent summary of Wolfe's attitude toward myth. Literally,
>to Wolfe, the story of Jesus/Christ is The Greatest Story Ever Told.

I agree. I think this is a great way to look at Wolfe's work. My own leaning is to
attribute the Campbellian monomyth as a function of human psychology, culture and society.
While clearly wolfe recognizes that, as a religious man, he is also likely to see a higher,
spiritual basis for the monomyth pattern that goes beyond humanity.