(urth) Problematic element in chronology

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sat May 28 11:36:11 PDT 2011

I think the main reason the NS/LS/SS universes differ slightly (maybe)
is that Wolfe is too busy paying attention to the stories themselves to
rack his brain to try to recall some detail from a previous book.

You can only keep that stuff in your head for so long, and if you are
engaged with a new story and new characters, there is no real need to.