(urth) do the Hierogrammates *care* about the megatherians?

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Tue May 17 19:51:30 PDT 2011

On 5/17/2011 12:15 PM, Lee Berman wrote:

> Despite the words of the Caloyer of Saltus (as Lane mentions) it *is* puzzling
> as to why a Flood would eliminate ocean-bound monstrosities.

No more so than a volcanic explosion or a hurricane eliminating
land-bound monstrosities. Water has 200 times the density of air, so you
need much less of a sustained change in the speed of orderly currents to
produce a destroying column of water than of air. And imagine how
mammoths and plains dinosaurs would fare if they found themselves and
their food web swept to the high mountain peaks and back, or even just
flung up into the Himalayas.

"The Flood" is what we land creatures call it, from the pelagic
perspective it's "The Surge" or "The Tsunami".

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >