(urth) Dollo's Law...

DAVID STOCKHOFF dstockhoff at verizon.net
Mon May 16 08:27:19 PDT 2011

Like most of these Laws turn out to be.

"... In 2003, scientists showed that some species of insects have gained, lost and regained wings over millions of years."

That's a good example of a common-sense reversible adaptation. If humans experienced million-year floods every million years, we might evolve, devolve, and revolve webbed fingers and toes---because the original structure from which the webs were derived are still going to be around. Evolution uses the tools at hand. Tress have used and re-used the same basic leaf shapes for millions of years.

I have forgotten the trait that brought up Dollo's Law---mind projection? mimicry? opposable thumbs?