(urth) relative time travel

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sat May 14 18:09:43 PDT 2011

On 5/14/2011 6:08 PM, Gerry Quinn wrote:
> I can search but it doesn't show me the pages. That's beside the point,
> though. Weren't you trying to show that travel via a wormhole is time
> travel?

The wormhole example is much simpler. The negative curvature makes a
bridge between two portions of space-time, and time progresses
identically as measured through the wormhole. Their subjective timelines
remain connected one-for-one despite their relation to the objective,
external universe's timeline.

So if the traveling terminus is accelerated such that it experiences a
one year trip while observers see it gone for two years, today's
traveling terminus is linked to the stationary terminus of a year ago,
since it has also experienced a year  apart.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >