(urth) Sundial with "multitudinous faces"?

Antonin Scriabin kierkegaurdian at gmail.com
Thu May 12 06:33:07 PDT 2011

One of the pictures is from this website:

http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/nof/sun/access/sd3_moreinfo.html

This explains quite a lot about how such sundials work.  Pretty
fascinating!  The only quirk is that this particular one was more of a
design and engineering feat, since all the faces were to show the same time
at a given moment, while the one described by Severian shows different times
on different faces.  I suppose it would not be too hard to configure the
different sides so that they give times with a specific differentiation, so
that you could know the time elsewhere on the planet.