(urth) "Realistic fiction leaves out too much." - Gene Wolfe

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Sun May 1 05:28:58 PDT 2011

Yes, those two especially, I think. (It's been a long, long time!) There
were also some novels about star colonization....

It's funny to see what the genre has grown into outside SF fiction
proper. There are dozens of star conquest games worshiping
energy-wasting military technology and exterminatory policies of human
expansion. Not Heinlein's fault, but the seeds are there somewhere
nevertheless. Le Guin dislikes and opposes  all such ideas, real or
fictional.