(urth) Problematic element in chronology

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Tue May 31 08:30:50 PDT 2011

Perhaps the only the Rajan could see the light of Sol's sun. He was only
asking the others to imagine it. Perhaps he wasn't seeing it with human
eyes. Just sayin'.

There was a discussion on this list between Mantis and (I think) Jerry
Friedman some years ago about the distance between Urth and Blue based
on 350 years of travel, 500 years of travel, 1000 years of travel.

Don't we know (based on the vase Lemur destroyed) that they've been in
transport for just over 500 years? Assuming this all occurs during the
time of Severian's childhood., that just suggests an overall time
dilation of 2, right? That's fast, mind-blowingly fast, but not
impossibly fast.

J.