(urth) More on Frog and Fish & Ymar

David Stockhoff dstockhoff at verizon.net
Tue May 31 04:48:27 PDT 2011

On 5/30/2011 3:32 PM, James Wynn wrote:
> Wolfe believes that the myths come to us from an eternal pattern and,
> presumably, he believes Jesus is the fulfillment of that pattern. That
> we are hard-wired to detect that eternal pattern because it is
> "real".  Lee mentions Alexander. Alexander and King Arthur were real
> people whose deeds were seen as fitting that pattern as well, and
> therefore Alexander became a character of myth, and Arthur of legend.

This is am excellent summary of Wolfe's attitude toward myth. Literally,
to Wolfe, the story of Jesus/Christ is The Greatest Story Ever Told.

You mention green and blue and I'd be interested in your ideas there
too. I just read mantis's great essay on why bears and wolves and cats
keep appearing too, and maybe they are related. Although his ideas
sometimes seem about to run off into areas that your theory above does
not predict; that is, I think Wolfe is more purposeful than mantis suggests.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 110531-0, 05/31/2011
Tested on: 5/31/2011 7:48:28 AM