(urth) Problematic element in chronology - Red Giants

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Sun May 29 15:50:25 PDT 2011

On 5/29/2011 3:14 PM, Sergei SOLOVIEV wrote:
> Maybe it's my error, but it was some very similar title mentioned
> by Wolfe, I will try to find what it was exactly. More
> special books by Hawking appeared earlier, I've read Hawking and
> Ellis on black holes in 70-es -
> /Hawking/, S.W.; /Ellis/, G.F.R. (/1973/). The Large Scale Structure of
> Space-Time. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.

I'm also sure that Wolfe read Hakwing in the 70's, because Hawking
discovered that small black holes evaporate in 1974, disappearing in a
final burst of radiation. They could be formed in the big bang, but
wouldn't have lasted until the present day, unless they happened to find
their way to a place of high density matter to increase rate elementary
particles managed to hit their tiny event horizons. A place like a
stellar interior.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >