(urth) Chronology

Andrew Mason andrew.mason53 at googlemail.com
Thu May 26 12:57:03 PDT 2011

Gerry Quinn wrote:

> That is a strange point about Scylla, certainly.  In her Window she appears
> as a young girl on the cusp of womanhood, and Tartaros tells us that the
> gods appear to us as they see themselves.  I lean to the view that Tartaros
> matured, while Scylla did not, before or after scanning, or both.

That Tartaros was an adult when he was scanned is suggested by one
thing; at Silk's second enlightenment one of his visions is 'a blind
god metamorphosised from a blind man [not boy], who remained a blind
man, and was struck'.

Is it obvious that everyone was scanned at the same time? Preesumably
it took some time to load the Whorl, both with humans and with
computerised beings. Pas was certainly scanned right at the end - so,
therefore, was Kypris, as she was with him at the time, and remembers
it. But others may have been scanned earlier.