(urth) do the Hierogrammates *care* about the megatherians?

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Sun May 22 20:09:57 PDT 2011

>> James:
>> Obviously, ambiguity is built into Wolfe's novels. There's no false
>> positive test. I'm pretty comfortable that I'm right about this.
>> Maybe I should get serious about locating Fish.
>
> Gerry Quinn:
> Remus, obviously.

Why call Juno, Rhea Silvia, and Mars by direct cognates and call Romulus
and Remus by Frog and Fish? There's no "Fish" in the "Jungle Book".

I think it is an easy call that Ymar is Frog (ymir=king=rana=frog). I
suspect that Fish will be found on Tzadkiel (the shepherds). Possibly he
will have a name that means "sword".

J.