(urth) sundials

Sergei SOLOVIEV soloviev at irit.fr
Fri May 13 08:30:43 PDT 2011

I agree  with Dan - and even more so. The impossibility of this follows not from
the 24 hours cycle, but from the fact that different worlds have different Suns.
Sundials to some extent can be used to show time in different time
belts of the same planet. To some extent - because they are limited
to day time, and not to 24 hours cycle, they cannot display shadow (and time)
when the Sun is behind the planet itself.

For different planets of the same Sun you need a perfect synchronization
in planet rotation.

best

Sergei