(urth) Sundial with "multitudinous faces"?

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:59:08 PDT 2011

>> It occurred to me that the sundials probably date back to Urth's
>> interstellar empire if not earlier. Maybe they tell times on different
>> *worlds*.
> I don't see how you could do that - a sundial is limited to a 24-hour
> cycle (during about half of which it isn't showing anything).

I would think you could. Any regular tick-tock could analogize a time
using a different synch. It would be incredibly complex though since a
day somewhere else would be represented by more or less than a single
cycle of the sun.

However, doesn't Relativity eliminate the meaning of synchronous time
for locations separated by many lightyears? I'm not an expert on this
but it seems I read something that implied that. For example, traveling
in a worm-hole (such the ones in the Stargate franchise) is actually
Time-travel as well.