(urth) 'King Rat' and the abuse of women in Gene Wolfe's stories

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 19 16:51:48 PDT 2011

--- On Wed, 3/9/11, Lane Haygood <lhaygood at gmail.com> wrote:

From: Lane Haygood <lhaygood at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: (urth) 'King Rat' and the abuse of women in Gene Wolfe's stories
Date: Wednesday, March 9, 2011, 7:27 AM

I tend to write (almost exclusively) male protagonists and narrators.  Because I am male.  I don't have any direct, subjective experience of being female.  I do not think I could write a female narrator from a first-person perspective.  Third-person limited is probably the only voice I could use for female protagonists.

But that's me.

LH