(urth) OT: R.A. Lafferty estate sale

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 11:54:24 PST 2011

On Mon, Mar 7, 2011 at 11:27 AM, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Linked in http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2011/03/sf-tidbits-for-3311/
>
> An ad (http://locusmag.com/2011/Ads/digitallafferty.jpg) for the
> Lafferty copyrights
> (http://www.sfsite.com/news/2011/03/02/lafferty-estate-for-sale/).
>
> This does explain why Wildside Press didn't have any Lafferty when I
> went to buy some last year.

A curious update:
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=R._A._Lafferty&curid=48245&diff=418162212&oldid=418161910

> The Lafferty Estate has proposed to sell the literary rights to Lafferty's entire body of work to the Locus Science Fiction Foundation on May 1, 2011 for $70,000 plus a share of future profits, unless the bid is overturned by a better offer before then. Inquiries at LaffertyProbate at gmail.com.

Different address than the ad, and note that none of my links mention
anything about the Locus Science Fiction Foundation being the buyer
who submitted the 70k bid.

On a sidenote, the Wikipedia account goes back to 2006.

--
gwern
http://www.gwern.net