(urth) OT: R.A. Lafferty estate sale

Adam Thornton adam at io.com
Mon Mar 7 13:54:44 PST 2011

On Mar 7, 2011, at 3:50 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:

> I dunno. With the right management, Lafferty could be the next Phil
> Dick. A lot of his stories -- I'm talking more about the short stories
> than the novels, now -- would make great movies.

For $70,000, it seems likely that you could publish 99-cent ebook editions and probably make it back over a few years, even if you sold zero of the movie rights.

I mean, there are certainly several of the books I'd pay a buck for to read on my mobile-device-of-choice.  Spend a little on marketing to make sure that blogs that people read, like, say, BoingBoing, knew about it...I bet if you had buck-a-book ebooks, and got someone to announce it on BoingBoing, you'd get halfway to making your money back on the first day.

Adam