(urth) NPR taking suggestions for The Best Science Fiction and

Mo Holkar lists at ukg.co.uk
Thu Jun 23 09:50:33 PDT 2011

At 17:31 23/06/2011, you wrote:
>You know, I actually did read On Blue's Waters, then stopped and
>went back and read Long Sun before then re-reading Blue and the rest
>of Short Sun.  It was indeed a very, very strange experience - but
>hugely enticing.  Unfortunately it took away some of the mystery I
>think I would have encountered in reading Long Sun if I had had no
>or little clue what was coming.
>
>I think John Clute wondered in a review whether jumping right into
>Wolfe at Blue might be the best way.  I've always wondered the same.
>
>DOJP

I first read the four books of BotNS in the wrong order, as they
became available in our local library (I was about 14-15 at the
time). The later books are so packed with back-references to prior
events, that I thought by the time I got to SotT there would be
little to surprise me... how wrong I was!

Mo

# ~ # ~ #

WolfeWiki -- a wiki about Gene Wolfe
http://www.wolfewiki.com/pmwiki/