(urth) Problematic element in chronology

António Pedro Marques entonio at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 08:23:37 PDT 2011

Gerry Quinn wrote (01-06-2011 16:12):
> From: "António Pedro Marques" <entonio at gmail.com>
>> Can the speed of time, if such a thing exists, be slower the more one goes
>> from Urth to Blue? (Independently of gravity, of course(?); I'm not
>> talking about classical relativity but some workable disuniformity of the
>> speed of time across the universe.)
>
> Anything is possible in SF.

'Workable', come on.

> But it begs the question of why the evolution of
> stars seems to progress at the same rate everywhere!

Or does it raise it?
But now, seriously speaking, is it really so firmly established that, say,
the evolution of stars seems to progress at the same rate everywhere? I
don't know, I'm asking. Last minimally serious readings I did on
astrophysics were in the very early '90s. I'm not sure the question of
uniformity of Physics across the universe (barring singularities) was
settled by then.