(urth) Problematic element in chronology

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Thu Jun 2 12:53:48 PDT 2011

On 6/2/2011 2:36 PM, Dan'l Danehy-Oakes wrote:
> Eeeeeyeah, but . The calculations below don't take dilation into
> account. I'm just sayin'.

I'm assuming acceleration remains constant wrt internal Whorl time, on
the entirely unfounded assumption that the Whorl's acceration is based
on some internal principle. I suppose they could be catching waves on
the unseen surf Severian's tender bobs on. This is an area where I would
have to defer to Gerry, but I'm pretty sure that viewed externally,
acceleration would drop off and time dilation would increase over the
external time to prevent acceleration past the speed of light from being
observed.  There problem for me is that length contraction also comes
into play and that's always a pain to account for.

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >