(urth) The Trailer of Ink

Jeff Wilson jwilson at io.com
Mon Jan 31 12:13:48 PST 2011

In URTH, Chapter XXXIX, "The Claw Of The Conciliator Again", Sev gives
the new thorn to Typhon's guardsmen, establishing  a one-off timeloop
for it to come into his younger self's possession a thousand years later.

However, he also says, "Whence comes this unslakable thirst to leave
behind me a wandering trail of ink, I cannot say" when contemplating a
further volume of memoirs. This may be another timeloop setup, as in
SHADOW VI,

"'Of the trail of ink there is no end,'" Master Ultan told me. "Or so a
wise man said. He lived long ago—what would he say if he could see us
now? '"

Could this be actual textev that at least one of the volumes, or a work
that quotes a found volume of Sev's manuscript, has come to rest in
Ultan's library?

Jeff Wilson - jwilson at io.com
< http://www.tamut.edu/CIL >