(urth) 2. Re: the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes (Gerry Quinn)

PMorris33 at aol.com PMorris33 at aol.com
Tue Jan 18 18:12:43 PST 2011

Has anyone else seen the gloriously bad early 1970's scifi movie  Zardoz???
 The one with Sean Connery giving a definitively rotten  performance
wearing bright-red leather hot pants?

Well, I recently sat through the DVD and was struck by how closely the
advanced/backward civilizations paralleled the divisions of human society in
Wolfe's Urth.  And the idea of keeping certain humans in stasis like poor
Mamelta to be "unfrozen" or "decanted" at need.  (Though properly speaking,
that's on the Whorl not on Urth)

I suggest this in a spirit of good humor, but some Lupines might enjoy
watching "Zardoz" in the interests of research

Pip

In a message dated 1/18/2011 5:57:23 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
2.  Re:  the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes (Gerry  Quinn)