(urth) Spiritual and Ecological Succession

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 11 17:58:32 PST 2011

 > We have forests on Lune but no apparent civilization remaining.

>Jane Delawney: (in UOTNS) The sailors have a proverb regarding the bad luck incurred if
>one kills a Port o'Lune man. That's about the only reference in the text
>to doings on Lune.

That sounds familiar Jane, thanks for reminding. Perhaps I should have said "no apparent
civilization during Severian's (normal lifetime) era."

I would guess the black hole in the sun that makes life difficult on Urth would make it
even tougher on Lune and Verthandi, ending civiliation there. (of course Skuld (venus)
might be a more hospitable place..but that would mess up the story).