(urth) Another (Possibly Weak) Theory

Dan'l Danehy-Oakes danldo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 13:12:30 PST 2011

Lee Berman wrote:

> Good work on the timeline Gerry! You deserve praise for it. Still I
> think it covers only the known colonization of the planets. It
> misses something important.  As I've already suggested in
> another post, the text suggests that there was a much earlier
> crash on Ste. Anne. perhaps with a single human survivor
> (or even corpse?). This happened, as the McCaffrey-Wolfe
> quote suggests, in the distant past of the planet, not a
> couple hundred years previous to the Marsch events.

That is my current working hypothesis, for which I do not
have a real timeline: my mind doesn't work in such an
organized manner. But roughly I am thinking of Wolfe's
claim to believe that many "mythological" beings are real.

So let's look at a Very Very Long Time Ago, in a place
that has no name in English but which we might call
Atlantis, Mu, or Gondwanaland. There was a race,
which was not precisely what we would call _human_,
that developed, among other things, the ability to
travel to the stars, not necessarily with the aid of
"starcrosser" technology. (See, for example, Peter
Hamilton's "Silfen.")  We might have called them
elves, or faerie.

A Very Very Long Time Ago, their culture was
completely(?) wiped out, possibly by a massive
tectonic event. But some of them were left on
Ste. Anne.

I haven't quite decided to my satisfaction what
happened next: either they _became_ the shape-
changing abos, or they were imitated _by_ them.

Any suggestions to "plump out" this theory would
be appreciated.

--
Dan'l Danehy-Oakes