(urth) Merger

Gerry Quinn gerryq at indigo.ie
Fri Jan 28 13:05:39 PST 2011

From: "Lee Berman" <severiansola at hotmail.com>
>James Wynn:

> > Isn't it just as arguable that Becan was confused about the
> > reasonableness of reuniting
> > his family in the animal and the used the animal fighting instincts as a
> > tool to protect them?
>
> I think so.

I don't.  The alzabo evolved (or was genetically engineered) to eat humans
and use their minds.  Humans did not evolve to be eaten by alzabos.  In the
absence of strong evidence to the contrary (e.g. evidence that Becan was
fighting the alzabo instincts) we should assume that Becan-in-alzabo was
operating in the perceived interests of the alzabo.

- Gerry Quinn