(urth) Mystery of Agia

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 11:57:24 PST 2011

--- On Thu, 1/20/11, Son of Witz <Sonofwitz at butcherbaker.org> wrote:

> Agreed.
> Sure, I suppose I can swallow the asian androgeny bit.
> Severian describes her eyes as "strangely tilted" and her
> nose as upturned.  I think this is more or less safe to
> say she is asian or Ascian. The tilt would seem strange to
> him because they seem novel.

I was under the impression Ascian's would be more like the descendents of North America, but I hate bringing up interview points against the text.  Gene said something about how people were equating Ascian's with asians and denied it, but you have to take that kind of stuff with a grain of salt, you know how PR is.  Heh heh.  Are Ascians ever described that way? (not that I think it affects your ultimate point here at all)