(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 20 10:23:42 PST 2011

>Son O' Witz: It seems I've inadvertantly become nominated as List-Cop because I stuck my
>neck out in the hope of curtailing the sniping.  Snipe away for all I really care.  I'm
>going to try to stay out of it.

Heh. Would you be true to yourself if you always did? I suspect not.

>Gerry and Roy play gate-keepers here, clearly.  That is well and good.

It is! This place would suck without any gatekeepers. But it can go too far. And I think it
often has. That's why I speak up sometimes. Gerry and Roy are being true to themselves, so am
I and so are you. Where's the problem?

>I spoke up because I want to point out that you guys seem to be taking it very personally, and I
>don't think bruising your egos is anybody's intent. You guys have great far fetched takes.

Nah, speaking for myself anyway, I don't take things personally. Words posted here are hardly an
indication of our full personalities. I'm sure few of us speak to our friends and family members
the way we speak here. That part is the important part of our personhood, not what shows up here.

>So all I'm saying is (please) CHILL and realize Gerry and Roys dismissals do not carry any
>canonical authority.

Not only do I realize that, but I actually recognize that fact verbally here. I'll probably continue
to do so. But only at the times it feels needed.