(urth) new Wolfe interview

Greg Bates gregory.a.bates at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 20:22:52 PST 2011

Oh, i'm absolutely certain i've completely misunderstood it. Partially
because I didn't feel there was that much to misunderstand, which is always
a sign with Wolfe that I haven't paid enough attention.

For what it's worth, I liked it better than AEG but probably not as much as
TSH. I feel like it started out really strongly, but gets completely bogged
down halfway through (the action starts to disappear and get replaced with
extremely long conversations where it feels like Skip is just explaining the
same things to different people). The ending also felt very left-field and
tacked on, which of course means I missed something. After I finish a couple
other books I got with my Kindle gift card i'll revisit it (hopefully with a
bit of clarifying discussion from this board.)