(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

Tim O'Donnell timodonn at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 01:19:12 PST 2011

From: "Gerry Quinn" <gerryq at indigo.ie>
Subject: Re: (urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

> You misunderstand me.  I wasn't talking about hints that Silk might be a
> clone of Typhon. What I'm saying is that if he is in fact such a clone,
> there must be a grand conspiracy between everyone who knows both their
faces
> to hide it, and ther is no hint of such a grand conspiracy.
>
> But as for your point above, I think the bronze-skinned man is a
> representation of how an uploaded Silk would be part of Pas.  It says
> nothing about Silk's genealogy.  It's about the future, not the past.

The jury is still out for me on the Silk/Typhon clone debate.  One thing
that strikes me though is
that we do not need a conspiracy of many failing to comment on Silk
resembling Typhon.  We just
need Horn and Nettle to agree to omit these details from the story.
As pure speculation: Silk sees his face on Pas's body, realises that he is a
clone of Typhon/Pas.
The realisation that he is in some ways Pas sends him into a suicidal revery
which fortunately he survives.
He divulges the reason to Horn for this revelation and asks Horn not to
share it with anyone.  Horn goes on
to write his account of Silk portraying him in nothing but the best light.

As I say this is not in reference to the text stronly but does allow many
people to have noticed the resemblance
between Silk and Pas and for only two individuals to collude to cover this
fact up.