(urth) Trying to re-read Evil Guest

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 19:33:53 PST 2011

--- On Tue, 1/18/11, Mr Thalassocrat <thalassocrat08 at gmail.com> wrote:

 Apart from anything, I keep dreading the appearance of the next deli sandwich.

I think Wolfe has finally captured the completely realistic horror of modern existence after reading that sentence. He has matured from fabulism to realism, tackling serious, universal problems. Sometimes I wake up in a cold sweat with just that fear echoing in the back of my mind.  "Another f***ng deli sandwhich for lunch today. Probably no getting around it. son of a ..."