(urth) the prime calcula/his citadel and other quotes

Marc Aramini marcaramini at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 18 17:57:04 PST 2011

James, could you explain in slightly more detail what you mean by Silk's upload strengthening Pas?

I think he is taking his place in the same way Jesus kind of stole Jehovah's old school thunder, but regardless of whether he is a clone or not his personality is very distinct from Typhon's, so if he is downloaded to strengthen Pas and be incorporated into Pas he would change the ethos of Mainframe.  (it's NOT his genetic code they are uploading, after all).  I figure the parts from whats his name (Jerboa?) where Pas has been hiding would aid in getting the Father of the Gods back to Mainframe, but I don't see how Silk being scanned could aid anything except "accepting the throne" since the scanned part has little to do with genetics and more to do with personality, which Silk's nurture insures is quite distinct from the Monarch's.

I do think this is part of Kypris' plan, to see her little toy dancer ascend, but I guess I don't understand what exactly you are saying about how this act strengthens Pas.  (I do think later this uploaded Silk is used to reboot his body at the end of RttW, though).