(urth) some mysterious stuff in Long Sun tick/silk/auk/chenille

James Wynn crushtv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 19:01:20 PST 2011

On 1/17/2011 4:25 PM, Marc Aramini wrote:
> Also, always confused by Tick.  Does he have blue eyes?  His catachrest speech seems like we should do something with his name.

Tick is an homage to James H. Schmitz's Tezey Amberdon stories. Her
earliest story (I think) was called "The Novice". Telzey was a girl who
carried on psychic communication with her Tiger-like alien pet, a crest
cat named Tick-Tock.

Telzey was part of Schmitz's "Hub" series. A character that Telzey comes
in contact with is a film noir-style character named Wellan Dasinger.
Dasinger had his own story called "The Star Hyacinths" in which he
encounters a fellow with an alien bird-like attack pet.

u+16b9