(urth) lameness

Lee Berman severiansola at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 17 12:27:43 PST 2011

>Marc Aramini: The creator can't be a demiurge?  My bad. I thought it was somewhat
>synonymous with Creator even though in Christianity he is not significantly divorced
>in substance from son and holy ghost.

It is my understanding that early Christianity had some gnostic sects which interpreted
things in a way that allowed for a demiurge. Other sects of Christianity got the upper
hand and have been purging and purging such stuff ever since. To the point that a modern
Christian (James Jordan) became really upset at my suggestion that the Nephilim mentioned
in Genesis can be interpreted as the product of human-fallen angel matings.

I get the impression many modern Christians have almost no use for any real Devil, demons,
angels or H-E double hockey sticks as a place of burning torture and punishment.

Interestingly, many who are pagans, Wiccans, whatever and who worship Great God Pan also
consider their beliefs to be a form of Christianity; a form which recognizes the important
role of Jesus but also the legitimacy of the god(s) who came before him, and who will also
come back at some later time.